Monday, January 9, 2012

Dear Natalie,

I wrote this back in September 2011. 




I just finished up my homework so I of course got on facebook before I head off to bed. But I stumbled across my profile pictures and there were several of you and I when you were such a tiny little thing. You even had your feeding tube in which brings back so many memories. I remember the night I was at your house. Things were a little hectic so Mumsie and I were there helping out. I was sitting on the couch and the phone rang. Something inside me told me to answer it, so yes I listened to my heart and answered it. It was a nurse and I yelled for your mom. Mommy answered it and started crying. The nurse said you needed to come in because something was wrong I believe with your blood count. Everyone packed up so quickly and I stayed home with your sister. Thank goodness I was on a break from school so I could watch her. I can't exactly remember but I'm pretty sure this was the start of you going in and out of the hospital. I can't help to think, but what would have happened if I didn't answer that call?? I'm glad we didn't have to find out though. I believe that night you had three special people looking out for you!  All I want to tell you is how proud of an aunt I am. You've grown so much. Heck, you've already went through heart surgery and have a beautiful scar to prove it. It's part of you so don't ever start to not like it, it makes you who you are. I love you Natalie Rose. Forever and always!

Love,
    Auntie Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment