Sunday, January 1, 2012

Walked in on.


About an hour or so ago, I walked in on Shawn and Natalie. Now I know what your thinking, but you're wrong. I was coming to offer Dunkin Donuts to my sister. Ben told me she was in the back in Natalie's room but to be quiet because Hannah was sleeping. So I crept to Natalie's door. Shawn and Natalie were having special Mommy and me time. I stood there silently in awe. I don't think I've ever witnessed such a moment through my own eyes of how much a mother loves her daughter. I mean yeah I know there's a special bond between my mother and myself or Shawn and Hannah, but there's an extra something special between Shawn and Natalie. I think I stood there for a good five minutes, my sister never realizing I was there. Natalie was laying on her changing station with her mommy leaning over top of her. Natalie was feeling her mommy's face with her tiny chubby hands as Shawn was making her laugh. As I'm sure you know, Natalie always sounds very congested. So when she would laugh, you know the kind when your laughing so hard you snort, well Natalie has the same thing except this one is very unique, very special. Natalie doesn't snort, more so of a 'I'm very congested you can hear my snot when I laugh' kind of laugh. I know, it sounds kind of gross to describe, but when you get her laughing like that you surely start laughing yourself. It's those kinds of moments that make you appreciate life just a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment