Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sunny

Summer was coming to an end. :( School supplies were everywhere, school buses testing their routes, and teachers going in to prepare. As much as I love the summer and notorious beach trips, school starting means fall is coming. Fall I love more than any other season. Mom and I had a the girls for the day and were debating whether or not to go to the beach. It was my last day of summer vacation so of course we had to go to the beach! I needed to soak up every last sun ray to get a wonderful golden tan!

This was my first trip to the beach with the girls this summer. I've never got to experience Natalie and the sand. Some children with DS either love or hate the sand. Take my cousin Kyle for example, he hates the sand. So I was curious about Natalie. Turns out she is okay with it getting everywhere. I on the other hand, did not want her to even touch me being that sandy. As I've grown older, the sand and I have grown a love hate relationship. Love it because it means I'm at the beach, hate it because it sticks to me. Oh well, I'll learn to deal!

Hannah sometimes has difficulty remembering Natalie is just a baby and we can't really punish her when she oh maybe can bend her leg that it's sitting on Hannah in the car seat. It usually drives Hannah nuts, but something was different about that day. On the ride down there, the girls were getting along better than ever! They must have known they had to be good little girls or we would turn around. Hannah was laughing and smiling and sending her happiness to her sister. Natalie would laugh and clap, oh how much Natalie adores her sister! It melts my heart.

Look at these smiles, I know it makes you smile!

Sometimes I focus some much of my time behind the lens, I forget to add in myself to the photo. But that day was a must. I needed an updated picture of me and my girls! 

In previous summers, Hannah did not exactly like the water. She enjoys splashing but I think the crushing of the waves scares her. I honestly did not think she would want to get in the water, just you know, have me run up and down a million times to fill up the bucket. Well sister proved me wrong. She got in the water and enjoyed it. But as soon as we got out, she was playing in the sand having a ball!


When I'm on the beach, I'm immediately hungry! I don't know why and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one but I have my favorite beach food; cherry water ice and a pretzel. Well they didn't have pretzels this time, but there was water ice. I of course, had to share. Not with one child but with both!

The end result...ruby red lips and tongues!



We got some over the should shots!


And this beauty!

And I can't forget this one as well!


Oh and there's this beauty too!

Can you say LOVE?! 
We went to the board walk for some dinner! And that's not what happened! We ended up getting some delicious Thrashers (mommy was jealous) and Natalie was diggin' it! If you didn't feed her fast enough, she would whine!

By the end of the day, they fell asleep...within five minutes of driving! I'd say it was a great day! 


Hope everyone has enjoyed back to school time! Hannah goes back next Friday! See you then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment