Friday, May 25, 2012

Flower Market

Hannah had been asking me since the beginning of one week when I picked her up from school to spend the night with me. Clear outta the blue, she asked to spend the night with me. I think it's because she knows we'll stay up late while watching a movie and eating popcorn. So I planned for just that to happen. She spent a Friday night with me, we stayed up late to watch Tinker Bell and Ratatouille while eating our her popcorn. Yup that's right, I got about none and I was happy with that. I cherish the nights like those for I know she won't want to do that in years to come.

The following morning, Mumsie decided she wanted to take Hannah to the Flower Market. So off we went. Right before we left, I knew great photo ops would arise so I grabbed my sisters camera.

 After ten minutes of searching for a parking spot, another ten minutes climbing the big hill to get to the Market when we could have just walked around, which I might add we didn't know at the time, we had arrived. First stop, the cool looking PNC Tent. Might I add, IT WAS COOL! She got to play dress up, got her picture taken, played some interactive games of matching and putting coins in piggy banks.
Oh and I can't forget coloring a butterfly.

My next stop, climbing the 129, yes 129 steps to the top of the famous tower in Rockford Park.

Just so I could get an amazing shot of this amazing view! 

 And wave hello to mom and Hannah too!

 And I of course, worked on some photography shots, like this old window with a cob web.

 That's it. That's the tower I hiked up.
We had to get tickets, might I add expensive tickets, so Hannah could ride rides as she asked to do.
 Okay, admit it, you know your thinking this is a classic bench that's awesome.
I got lucky, she was taller than 36 inches and I didn't need to ride on the kiddie rides with her. She didn't even need my help getting on them. 
 She just needed me to hand her the correct about of tickets and point her where to stand in line at. Since when did she grow so fast?!
 Seriously, she's adorable. <3
She flew in a fish
 And she rode a motor cycle because she's like her daddy
 Oh and we went in this crazy house type thing. Did I mention, I'm terrified of these things? Did you hear me, TERRIFIED! But she wanted to go on it, so we did. I refuse to post the pictures of us on it, so let me just put the picture into words. We had to walk up the ramp, climb the rope net, wrestle our way through giant rubber bands, and then...walk over not one but two of those bridges that aren't stable and wiggle. That's when I tightly grasped the netting while a certain fearless girl was a good five feet ahead of me, and then got to go down the slide!
 The slide was about the only part I thought I would like...until I got it in. It was small and not slippery like a slide. But she sure enjoyed it.
Mumsie insisted we go to the Duck Pond. 
 You pick three ducks, add the total of the numbers on the bottom, and you're guaranteed to win a prize. Might I add it's a stuffed animal prize. Something my sister despises of. But it was a day about Hannah, so Mumsie paid the three dollars for Hannah to do it.
We went on the Carousel, she picked about the ugliest cat to ride on, I got dizzy, but we got this awesome photo of us out of it all! <3 
We went on the Ferris Wheel, another ride Auntie Kell is scared of. But Hannah enjoyed it, I think, she just sat there quietly. And I got this amazing photo out of it all!
 And we finished our day with ice cream!
The perfect ending to the perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment