Thursday, April 5, 2012

DSA Egg Hunt

Two weeks ago, the Rohe family and I were invited to Miracles for Molly Egg Hunt! We had all intentions of going and I was beyond excited! My flight back from SC would be home just in time to change and head to Molly's egg hunt. Our friends Rick, Amy, and Kayla would be joining us! Perfect, I had just bought a present for Kayla from SC and could give it to her. But on my way home, my sister texted me. It had rained the previous day, making Saturday chilly and wet and not your ideal weather. Since Natalie is a bit more at a high risk for getting colds, sick etc. it would be best if we went to the Down syndrome Association egg hunt instead! I was upset, I wanted to see Molly since I haven't seen her in about a year since we were at the hospital for Natalie. But going to the DSA egg hunt would be better for Natalie. I asked if the Kosmalski family would be joining us and my sister said no, we were going to separate egg hunts. My heart sunk! I enjoy every moment I get to see Kayla, she brightens my day! Luckily, my sister was joking!!

We were finally on our way to the DSA egg hunt! I didn't know what to expect. Besides the Buddy Walk, this was my first DSA event! I knew there would be so many cute faces and so many new people to meet. I just hoped I could remember all their names! Well my thoughts were correct. Cute faces were all over the room! People knew Natalie by her first name, greeted her as well as mommy and daddy and her sister! I was introduced praying I could remember all their names. Luckily, there wasn't too many names to remember!
We sat down with the Kosmalski's and began our arts and crafts. STICKERS LOTS OF STICKERS. Hannah was in heaven! We got some food and before I knew it, the head lady...yes I forget her name, called for all the kids to get in their lines. My 'flighty' sister forgot to bring an easter basket so we borrowed one from the table. Hannah was so excited! They lead us back to the area where birth to 3 year old eggs were. There's were in a hall way scattered along. There was so many eggs. Hannah went right to work filling up her basket!


My sister joined me in a group on Facebook, DSA Buddy Walk- Team River Rousers! It was her new friend from Mom's group for DSA I believe. Jenny and her daughter River are pictured below! River is too stinking cute!
I mean just look at River's smile! 


Any chance I get, I take a photo with Kayla! 

I posted this photo to River's page! So many people commented! I know, I'm a great photographer! 

And of course, I can't forget to get in front of the lens instead of behind and get in some photos! 

Please comment with your own caption! 

Jenny said River had been working on putting objects into a bag of some sort so this was perfect practice! 

Natalie rather chew the eggs! 

It just makes me chuckle! 
To those of you who celebrate Easter, Happy early Easter! I hope your day is filled with fabulous weather and lots of goodies from the Easter Bunny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment