Wednesday, April 4, 2012

World Down syndrome Day 321


Yes, I know you've been waiting for a blog post! Or okay maybe I'm just full of myself and hoping you were angry at me! But lots has been going on! So I promise I will try to get all my thoughts and memories out today! And of course pictures because really how many of you actually reads the words!

Okay so let's get started...

March 21st was WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY! My news feed on Facebook was filled and I was beyond excited! I had prepared for this day, I could not wait. Granted I had prepared the night before but still I was ready! It was all starting off with my five friends meeting me at 10 o'clock so I could give them the Got Trisomy? tshirts and take pictures. Mind you, half of us had a test later that day. I on the other hand had two tests but I did not care. I had studied as much as I could and it was time to focus on making the day spectacular. So that's just what I did.

And then we were off to lab. I was meeting Brian there to give him his shirt. On my way I ran into two other friends and they asked me about our shirts. I told them our story and handed them the shirts! They were off to take pictures to send to me for a special project I was working on! 

I met Brian and he took a picture with his shirt on. The night before I had made signs for people who didn't get shirts to hold and take a picture if they wanted to! After lab, Brian and I were going to go study but get coffee first. So off to Starbucks we went. While ordering, the cashier told us she loved our shirts. A LIGHTBULB WENT OFF IN MY HEAD. We asked if she would hold a sign saying I Love Down syndrome, We love Down syndrome, etc. She graciously agreed. We got our coffee and studying was now bumped down on our list. We were off to all the popular stores on Main Street to ask if they would take pictures. Most agreed and were excited! 

We finally decided it was time to sit down and study for a bit. We grabbed some lunch and sat in Trabant studying for our test that was later at 5 o'clock. As most of my peers would know, you run into a lot of people if your sitting at Trabant. Of course that's exactly what happened! We ran into at least twenty people and they all agreed to take pictures to show their support! We went everywhere trying to contact as many people as I could to take pictures. I even tried to get YouDee to meet me at a game that was happening to get him to take a picture. But no luck. :( But it's okay, next year I will be more prepared! 

No worries we got some studying in and were off to our exam. Once their I ran into a lot more of my friends all eager to take pictures after seeing my millions of Facebook status'! My professor even agreed to take a picture and show his support! 

Sadly, my glory from the day was coming to an end. I finished my exam, went straight home to eat, shower and sleep. BUT WAIT! On my way home, I contacted 93.7 WSTW on the radio. They were going to do a shout-out for WDSD but there was one issue. I didn't know when. I had arrived home and sat in my car until I heard them! I recorded it to use it for my project. 

Later that night I started crying. I just couldn't believe how much support everyone showed. I am so grateful for my friends and how they understand that Down syndrome is such a huge part of my life. I am forever grateful for everyone and words can not express how much I love each and everyone of you! 

Two weeks passed and I received all pictures I was going to get. I put together my project on the way to Spring Break and couldn't wait to debut it when I got home! Once I was home, my sister previewed it and the time had come. IT WAS TIME TO DEBUT MY MOVIE. 

I received individualized text messages, Facebook messages, comment, likes, shares and much more! My video had got it message out! 

Here is the link for my video!! If you are trying to view this on an iPhone or iPad or some sort of mobile device it will not work. Please go to youtube.com and search username kmryser21 for the mobile version! 





No comments:

Post a Comment