Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hoppy Easter!



I always remembered Easter morning, waking up so excited to see what the Easter bunny had brought me! But then I grew up! The fun was pretty much ripped away from me! Sometimes I wish I never figured out Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth fairy etc were fake! I never had the horrid school experience where I got beat up because I still believed in Santa! I could only imagine being in college now, still believing in Santa and my friends making fun of me. But hey what's new?!

For quite some time, getting up Easter morning was just like any other day. But this year was A LOT different! Hannah is three, well two at the time and she understood more what was happening! She knows that while she's sleeping a bunny comes and brings her present. She thinks it's Henry, our neighborhood bunny! She know's were going to have an egg hunt and she know's she'll get 'moneys' to put in her piggy bank! 

So here the week long celebration of Easter begins! 

Sunday: I bought egg dye and a dozen eggs to well of course dye easter eggs with Hannah.

Wednesday: We decided to dye eggs that day at Hannah's house. Shawn luckily remembered to boil the eggs and they were cooled enough! We tried waiting for Natalie to wake up but a certain little two year old was a bit anxious! So we mixed the dye together and set on color on the table! Hannah immediately took an egg and DROPPED in into the bowl. Of course dye spilled over but we were smart and lined the table! I had decorated an egg really pretty with flowers using the white crayon. Well guess what, she stole it and dyed it. I got one lonely egg to myself.

Thursday: The Rohe's and mumsie met the Dicesare's at the Crayola Factory. Boy do I wish I could have went! 

Friday night: I boiled 18 eggs so we could dye some more because I wanted some of my own! 

Saturday morning: I wanted to go to the grocery store to buy some granny smith apples to make these mini apples pies I had discovered on pinterest. My sister and Hannah tagged along to buy all the five cake mixes needed for Hannah's various celebrations over the next week. 

Hannah came over to dye eggs with me. Natalie joined too! Mumsie had bought Hannah special Tinker Bell Easter Egg Dye included with 'pixie dust'! For some odd reason, Hannah was less then interested. She dyed about four eggs and called it quits! So Natalie and I began our adventure! I held the egg and worked hand over hand with the crayon while she drew on the egg. SHE LOVED IT! Hannah continued to hang out with me for the remainder of the day. We laid in bed and watched a movie. We drew on the door. And finally it was egg hunting time.

Hannah stood at the front door cheating and already spotting eggs. She was really good at it. Yeah, she found the three orange ones right there openly in the grass but she also found a hidden red one in the plants!

Following the egg hunt we opened our baskets! She loved all her stuff. We ate dinner, a BBQ, and ended our day with Mister Softee!!



Natalie coloring on her eggs! 


Happy Easter! 

Shopping for her party! 

Decorating the door! 

Watching Ratatouille! 

Waiting and cheating find eggs! 

ADORABLE! 

Easter Bonnet !

Mister Softee 

Natalie even got to have some strawberry shake! 

Double dipper! 

Hope everyone had a great Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment