Friday, July 6, 2012

Canal Day

just addin some color :)

Last Saturday Shawn, Hannah, Natalie, and myself went down the Chesapeake City, MD for Canal Day! I've learned this really is just a time for people to sit out on their boats, drink, and well for the girls to show off their boobies. But apparently the people in charge of Canal Day are trying to change that so it becomes more family oriented. So we went down to support our friend Amy and her business The Pink Pickle! I think her greatest seller is all her bows and yes we of course got some!! Thanks Amy!

First view of Canal on our trek on over to The Pink Pickle Tent! 
Where should I start? We had to park about a half of a mile away which wasn't a bad walk, it was along the canal so it was a pretty site! :) We found Amy's tent and were shocked to learn the surrounding shops didn't have power!
Holdin hands! 

The woman's shop we were in front of was this amazingly cute boutique. She had gotten to know Amy, Rick and Kayla and somehow that turned into meeting my sister and giving her a cup of wine. She was so sweet!

She her wine in her hand!! This was the woman's shop! I loved it and if I was a lot richer, I would have bought several items! 
It was too hot for bear, so he sat there. Oh and one of the things I would have bought...that bag in the bottom right corner. *cough cough*
Our friends Jenny and River joined us for a day around the town. We got snow cones, like massive snow cones and we walked around all the tents. At one point, Kayla had to go to the bathroom so I left the gang to take her. When I got back, Shawn and her silly self played a prank on me. It goes a little something like this...

Shawn: Kelly, Kelly look at these snake eggs I got for Ben
(I'm terrified of snakes and I will never understand why I actually touched this envelope they were in)

Kelly: *Opens the 'Rattlesnake Eggs' envelope.....SCREAMMMMMM!!!!!

It was a prank, I screamed so loud and alerted the whole town! The guy at the tent next door, laughed, he sold them to her...thanks buddy!

The view from the ice cream shop! 

The Canal and all its people! 
Shawn had promised Hannah we could go on this 5$ boat ride but the scorching hot day was ending and we needed to leave to have enough time to beautify for our night out to Longwood Gardens (more on that later).

Luck was on our side. It was 3 o'clock and the next boat ride was leaving at 3:20. Shawn felt guilty, we had enough time to get home and prepare so we went for a boat ride. It was the girls first ever trip. Being how much Hannah talked about it during the day, she didn't seem too excited when we got on. But I must say, I really enjoyed it. And this is when Canal Day became the real Canal Day I remember being told about. We saw boobies and the redneck chick on the boat got beads. It was time to leave.
On the boat! 

Absolutely love this photo! Her first boat ride! 

The other family that joined us was nice enough to offer to take a picture for us! <3 

Shawn kidnapped my phone and uploaded this to Instagram! 

Headin on home after a long, hot, fun filled day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment