Wednesday, July 25, 2012

State Fair

Shawn and Ben were scheduled to come home Monday from their Down syndrome Convention in DC. Mom, Dad, and I had the girls since Thursday night and I try to keep it fun for them! I originally planned to go to the State Fair Friday but the weather decided it didn't want me to. Monday morning rolled around, I had a doctors appointment at 12:50 and told my Mom I wanted to take Hannah to the State Fair once I was done. She wanted to join so plans changed. I canceled my appointment and we packed and such while Natalie took a nap. We planned to leave for the hour drive once she woke up.

Arriving at the Fair

First stop was the feeding area! This is the first thing she saw and she was amazed! 

You could buy carrots for $1 and feed the giraffe so we did just that
She had pure joy on her face! 

I love comparing her size and the giraffes size! 

She didn't exactly like feeling the giraffes tongue, so we moved on to the goats. 

She loves ponies! So she fed him! 

And this guy too! 

Oh look another pony! 
My high school was running the children's barnyard, so we stopped by!

Here's sa funny story! When I was younger, my parents took me to Milburn's Orchard where you can feed the barnyard friends. They sent me into the goat area with food in my hand...I got attacked by the goats. A child's worst nightmare come true. The picture below brought back these memories.

She loved these little piggies. Notice how she has her hand cupped petting them! 

She was even brave enough to go in by herself! 


I remember doing these as a child! 

More ponies that she could pet! 
And then we got to the rides section. Girlie loves rides!

Getting her tickets. See that, 25 tickets for $20. RIDICULOUS!

Oh look a fake pony! And let me tell you, this Carousel went fast! 

Trying to get my photography on, but with the horse going up and down it was hard! 

Add caption

That face! 
LIGHTENING MCQUEEN! 

Natalie! 

Those top teeth! :)

We ran into our friends, this is Jordyn. She adores Natalie! 

Hannah, Jamie, and Jordyn! 

I love this picture so much!! 
The girls somehow got me to go on the ferris wheel. I don't know how, I hate those things. I fear them. 

But they do provide nice areal views! And this was only half of the fair, the ride side! 
She's a 'woo girl.' She gets it from her Mama! 

I tried to get a good self portrait of us, but it didn't work so well! 

We ran out of tickets and needed more. Luckily the lady in front of my gave me a coupon for $10 off the wrist band that lets you get on all the rides! Hannah loved it! She requested I take a picture of her bracelet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment