Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dear Natalie


Dear Natalie,

Today is your half birthday; you’re one and a half years old. Time has flown by and I can’t believe it. I occasionally flash back to the day you were born, seeing you for the first time and turning to your Mom, giving her the shake of the head that yes you have Down syndrome. I could notice your features; your almond eyes, that flat Asian bridge of your nose, and my personal favorite, your little tongue that doesn’t fit inside that tiny mouth of yours. You are simply beautiful!

You’ve grown so much in these months, developing and beginning to show your personality. While I am going to miss these moments of your baby stage, I look forward to the many years to come. I look at your sister and reminisce on all the memories we make and can’t wait to make new ones with you.

You give the sweetest, juicy kisses that make me laugh every time. Eventually there will be a time when ‘being cool’ doesn’t include giving me kisses, so for now I will cherish the memory. And every other moment, I will treasure.

You lay your head in the nook of my neck and smile. It's how you give 'lovins' and it makes my heart melt. You take your chubby hands and grab my necklace Mommom Marna gave me. It's as if somehow you know. 

You as well as your sister make me a very proud Aunt. I love you both, to the moon and back, to infinity and beyond.

Love,
Auntie Kell 

No comments:

Post a Comment