Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4



How was everyone's fourth??!! I must say the Ryser/Rohe's day was pretty spectacular! It involved my favorite; cookout with the people I love! Mama and Papa, the girls, Shawn, and Ben! Oh and the dogs of course! It was Alexi's birthday, her 12th in fact!

Happy Birthday babygirl! 
We had lots and lots of tasty food, the same as our BBQ two weeks ago. It's becoming a tradition and I very much so enjoy it!

Dinner was completed, practical joke a success (more on that later), table and dishes cleaned.

It was still daylight out so I asked Hannah to join me on a bike ride. I got one of those cool seats where she rides on the back of my bike and she just loves it. Our ride didn't last long, the bike felt very weighted down, my butt was in her knees, and by butt hurt from the seat.

But I'm happy it didn't last long because other plans, spontaneous plans, were in order. Fourth of July hasn't been the same since the beach house is gone. There's no fireworks or sparklers or those things that pop. University of Delaware was having fireworks and I wanted to go see, it would be an adventure and I love adventures!

I invited Hannah to go and at first it seemed like a no, but I knew what would seal the deal...I offered to watch Hannah while Ben was at work and Shawn took Natalie to Speech Therapy. Shawn's words, "SOLD!"

Quickly changed into Patriotic clothing and bows, we were off to find parking. I was warned there would be tons of traffic and it would be very hard to find a spot. Only half of that proved to be true. Some traffic, not too bad, but there was parking, in a grass lot, almost a great view, the trees blocked some of it.

We set out our blanket and Hannah got into the snacks as usual.

The ending to our spontaneous date, she loved it! She was very upset when there were no more fireworks and we were in the truck, for ONE HOUR, yes you heard me! It was a mad house, but she loved it and that makes me happy!

Only took about ten tries, but I finally got a picture of us! 

Lordly knows what she was doing! 

I must say, she handled the fireworks well. The first really loud BOOM scared her but after that she was fine. 

"Ohhhh they fireworks!"

"You hear them?" 

:)

Not sure what, but I feel a project coming on with this picture! 

Waving to the fireworks! 

And clapping for the grand finale! 

Precious! 

Lovin the dress! 

Good bye fireworks, it's time for me to go to bed.


Oh and did I mention girlfriend didn't go to sleep until MIDNIGHT! Aunt Kelly was dozing off around 11:30 but I truly made this girls night. She was gabbling about the fireworks and *hitting the wall* talking about how they go BOOM!

Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment