Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blue Gold Game, Let's go BLUE!

Saturday June 23rd I attended my first ever DFRC Blue Gold Game. And for my first time going, I was overwhelmed with all the excitement and fun.

This year one of our friends, Kayla, was the Blue All Star Buddy of the Year! She would get to walk across the field with her one buddy Maura the ambassador, watch her other two buddies Lizzy and Kate cheer, and her two other buddies Chris and Lance play in the game!

Lance going to kick the ball and Chris is in there somewhere! 

As people call them, the twins, Lizzy and Kate! 

Maura carrying Kayla after a long day! 
The DFRC's is dedicated in raising funds and consciousness in support of programs that enrich the lives of Delawareans with intellectual disABILITIES.

The person with an intellectual disABILITY must be five years old to have a buddy, which means Natalie has four more years to go! I can not wait for her to be able to participate. The relationships the family and your child builds with these amazing buddies is beyond believable.

I want to share a photo with you. This is Amy, Kayla's mom! Look at that smile. I was capturing photos of Kayla when her buddies took her on the field to be with Chris and Lance after the game was over. I want you to look at that smile on her face, the pure joy. I can't say for myself but one of the greatest things I think in a moms life is seeing your daughter being accepted. This picture captured it all!


I arrived early to help Rick, Amy and Kayla set up. The Rohe family later joined me along with cousin Steven!

Natalie chowing down, as usual! She's such a good eater! 

And the big sister, eating as usual too! 

I grilled. I know, no worries, the food turned out fine...I think! 

One of her favorite outdoor activities, blowing bubbles! 

In the moon bounce. Look at that smile, it melts my heart! 

Steven getting ready to go in the moon bounce obstacle to help Hannah! 

Must make it to the top...

...to be able to capture a moment like this! 

There was a train! 

AND A LIFE SIZE BEAR! Oh my! 
That's JJ. Hannah is oh so nicely sharing with him! 

Such a beautiful family! 

Daddy and his girl! 

SHE LOOKS ADORABLE! 

Oh that smile! 

Mommy and her sleepy girl! 

Daddy and his big girl! 

I like this picture! I captured it myself! 

Kayla and I!


And I'll leave you with this photo. The big buddies were instructed to go find there little buddies, take a picture and wish them good luck. Music played as everyone ran towards each other. The ending result, tears in my eyes and this beautiful shot.  

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome, Kelly! I love this post and love you! Thanks again for helping us so much that day...so glad to call you my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post! It was a great day! Thanks for helping us out and making this great recap of the day!

    ReplyDelete