Friday, June 29, 2012

Acting Mommy

Today, I was acting Mommy. As some of you may know, I offer to watch Hannah what seems like a lot to me. Take her everywhere, do as many things as possible and I love it. People always tell me, "You're going to be such a great Mom" or "You definitely chose the right major." And I've come to the conclusion two is definitely true and one will have to wait for some years down the road to find out.

Shawn had a meeting today at Easter Seals and Ben had work. I got BOTH girls. You see that word BOTH, it's a first. And get this, Shawn let me take the mommy-mobile to DSA Play Group at you guessed it, Easter Seals.

This was a huge step for Shawn, letting me drive not only her car but with Natalie in it! I must say I feel kind of honored! No worries, everything turned out just fine!

I got to drive this sexy beast! And you see that back up job...it was me! I'm awesome! 
Our day started off a little flustered! I wasn't ready and it was near time to leave, luckily I had my mama to the rescue!!! <3
I went to pick up Natalie. She was turned around, in her seat, watching...BACK TO THE FUTURE! That's right, my girls awesome! 


Getting ready! I love her face here! 
We were on our way to play group. I was going to know one father and his two children. I'm usually pretty good at putting my fears away and facing people, but this was a little harder. I arrived to be directed to the play room where I was greeted by an eager Physical Therapist, Colleen. As most people do, they assume the girls are my children, so I had to say a few times these were my nieces. I assumed they were thinking something along the lines like this: "Oh my goodness, she looks so young, has two children and one has Down syndrome.' And then I told my sister that and her thinking went something like this: 'How is she so young and has a child with Down syndrome?' All these families I met and all the children, well it was a bit overwhelming but I handled it!

We went home and picked up Mumsie and headed to lunch!
We went to lunch with Mumsie at Cracker Barrel! 
 Mumsie got Natalie to sleep for me because let me be honest, I'm still not exactly too comfortable with putting her to sleep. And thanks to my mom, Hannah and I enjoyed some pool time!
And we ended our day like this! It was HEAVEN

Cute, wedgie baby butt! 
Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment