Monday, June 18, 2012

día de los padres

In case you don't know, it means Father's Day but in actual Spanish translation it would be Day of Father's! I'm cool like that, I know some Spanish and don't forget I know English, and I'm learning my Sign Language because face it, I'm awesome!

Since I'm so fortunate that my sister has money, that I live next door to her, we made a master plan of BBQing for my dad (Ken) and Ben...HA that rhymes!...at my sisters house. She paid for the food! And get this, she had her husband cook on the grill! Hannah and I made cookies and cupcakes. Okay, well more like I baked while she slept, iced the cupcakes, dyed icing blue and yellow for her to decorate. She wasn't interested. I had this whole plan she would decorate the cupcakes all by herself as a surprise for Ken and Ben. That didn't happen. I did a background layer of white icing and did hand over hand with her to write a D for Dad and a P for Pops. With my help, she made squiggly lines and called it quits. So I finished decorating them.

We had SO. MUCH. FOOD. Hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecue chicken, chips, tomatoes with mozzarella, coleslaw, deviled eggs, corn on the cob, cupcakes, ice cream, and cookies! 

IT WAS DELICIOUS! 

Many, many years ago, we took a family photo at the old beach house. Myself, Dad, Mom, Shawn and Ben. Since then we've had two more additions and it was time for a new one. (I liked my outfit and had no need to change, so I decided to suggest demand we take a new picture) But shhh, they don't know that!! ;) 

Ben and I fooled around with the self timer a few times to make sure it would work, adjusted the level of books on the table so we would all be in the shot...

This is how we practiced...
I think I look pretty good ;)

One of my typical faces! 

Generally it's my mom to complain how she looks, instead it was me. I felt like I looked like a giraffe. 

And here I felt 10x bigger than everyone else because I'm closer to the camera! 

BUT THEN YOU GET AWESOME BEAUTIES LIKE THIS! <3

I LOVE MY FAMILY! 

What is there to say? We're awesome! 
We hope everyone had an awesome Father's Day!!! 


Because we sure did!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment